Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Since last time...


 jeez... we've had a month of news since my last blog here.  Where do I begin?  Let's see, we've had:
  • The whole Foley thing (not that I'm brushing it off, but what's left to say about it?  The guy's creepy and should have gone a while ago, as should anyone who hid it {to include those who knew from the other side of the aisle and hid it until it was beneficial to their party to release the tid-bit to the press.})
  • Alaska turning down Chavez (Really cool {pardon the pun})
  • NJ courts made their ruling on gay marriage. (yawn... I'll still be just as married to my wife either way.)
  • Kerry goofed... now this one's a little newer and targeted/construed to include me
  • I saw/heard/read the speech as given.  I read excerpts of the speech as written.  It was less of an attack on troops and more of an open palmed slap at the President.  It still wasn't funny.  However, the way it was delivered did leave free interpretation open as an attack on the military and who (what with Kerry's background of support for American troops {rapists, murderers... army of Genghis Khan... terrorizing children, babies, women in the dark of night.})  can blame those who took it as an insult?  He said what he said and his Pope-ish apology isn't cutting it.
  • For a reference to the "Pope-ish apology" comment, (CHECK THIS OUT
  • And, something I think is not getting enough press time, Guatemala and Venezuela have agreed to pull out of the race for UN Security council and to support Panama for the position.  Hmmm... I wonder what concessions had to be made there.
So... now that I've caught up with the times again, I'll try to stay up here with you guys in the present.  Wow, the future looks a lot nearer and brighter from here... did you guys polish it while I was back there in the past??

"I apologize to no one for my criticism of the president and of his broken policy."
- John Kerry
"Conceit is God's gift to little men."
- Bruce Barton

No comments: