Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What's on the menu, Joe?

THIS from Mr Biden,
Speaking to hundreds of people in a sweltering high school gym in the Detroit suburb of St. Clair Shores, Biden decried what he said was "a culture in Washington where the very few wealthy and powerful have a seat at the table and the rest of us are on the menu."
Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but, ummmm, how should I say this?.........

You're part of the problem, Joe. You're part of this very few who have a seat at that table. Last time I checked, you were a US Senator (and have been for well over 30 years) of the now again majority party in Congress. YOU MAKE THE RULES. But nothing has changed, Joe. The predators are still preying, government is still getting fat. Money is being taken from people who create jobs and given to people who now find it easier to take the money than to go fill one of those jobs.

In other news... Mr. Change's teleprompter has gone rural. (Yes, I doctored the sign in the photo.)

Is this what we've come to? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nixon have an appearance problem because he had blinking eyes and sunken features in the "Great Debate" of 1960? (The last time, by the way, we had a Senator elected to President.) This guy can't give us 'the straight scoop' unless he's reading a cue card.



Why can he not talk to us? It's not nervousness. Give the guy a speech and he'll nail it. He can deliver in front of a crowd. Could it be that he isn't coming up with this stuff? I'll tell you what, you think about it for a while, watch The Manchurian Candidate (either version, but I prefer the classic) and get back with me.

Sorry... no McCain/Palin news today. They're being pretty quiet... or people are being quiet about them.

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

He needs his teleprompter! Have you seen him speak off the cuff? It's a disaster.

Josee said...

Even though I detest him, it's painful to watch him sans teleprompter. Ugh.