Thursday, January 21, 2010

There are people in my TV... and other musings

Okay... so today I stopped by the claims office on Kadena to check out if they'd come to their senses and accepted reason and rationale instead of whatever else they were trying to use when they first came up with a sum for my claim with them... I submitted a rebuttal and a request for reconsideration in December and it came back... approved. Yay!

Reason - 1
Kadena Claims Office - 0

In about 10 days the money should be in my account and I will consider myself satisfactorily compensated for their smashing a bus into the front of my car.



In other news... we got a new TV. It was almost given to us. The guy tried to give it to me, but I insisted I pay him something. (Long story short... He bought it. It broke. He bought a bigger one while waiting for Hitachi warranty to fix it. He decided he didn't need two huge TVs.)

So here's what we've now got...

The Hitachi 42" Full HD 1080P LCD TV

There are people in this TV. I mean REAL people. The clarity is absurd. We're not watching TV or a movie, we're watching people and props. It brings a whole new dynamic that I hadn't seen before.

I know... I'm a bit behind on this new discovery of HD... but I like it... I really, really like it.

Besides, he flies out tomorrow and it's too late to give it back to him. (insert smiley emoticon here)



One more thing before I go... I was reading today that Obama and the senate are thinking of nationalizing the College Loan Industry.

So in one year we've got
  1. nationalizing troubling car companies
  2. nationalizing banks
  3. an attempt to nationalize healthcare
  4. and now an attempt to nationalize college loans.
When everything is nationalized, in what country will we live? Not the America we learned about in textbooks, that's for sure.

And so long as I'm on the political side of things, let me throw out these two little thoughts:

  1. I heard a pol on NPR today say that it is going to be a lot harder to push through Obama's agenda without a super majority. Push through? And if you need a super majority to pass legislation, is it legislation worth passing? Why must everything be so polarizing in DC?


  2. Senate Democrats on Wednesday proposed allowing the federal government to borrow an additional $1.9 trillion to pay its bills, a record increase that would permit the national debt to reach $14.3 trillion.
    "We have gone to the restaurant. We have eaten the meal. Now the only question is whether we will pay the check," said Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont. "We simply must do so."
    How about you stop eating out? How about going on a budget like the rest of America? What unmitigated gall? You guys went to the restaurant and you want America to pick up the tab, you Dweeb.


I don't know what the hell is going on with my country, but I don't like it. I don't like it one bit. I do like my new TV though. (smile again)

No comments: