Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Sad day..

We usually get the news out here after it's been filtered for 24 hours.  If I want to stay on top of things, I surf from my home internet account (because the account at work is filtered)...

That being said, I heard some sad news on the radio this morning.


Gourmet Magazine is stopping publication.


You'll notice that gourmet.com does not exist on my sidebar of links.  I've got Cooksillustrated, Saveur, and a couple of other cooking sites, but I never put Gourmet there.

Why?

I'm not really sure.  Because Gourmet was a magazine to me?  I go to the site...  actually I go regularly.  Whenever I get bored with my standard recipes, I normally check them out to see what they have to offer to spice up my menu.  They'd been around since Jan of 1941... why would they need my endorsement?  Turns out, they did.  Sorry old gal.

Oh well...  When it's time to go, it's time to go.

Thank you Gourmet for your magazine.  I enjoyed it while it lasted.


For those of you who have favorite tv shows, radio shows, magazines, newspapers...  It IS okay to contact those companies who advertise in there and to let them know that you appreciate their support for your media.  That stuff's not free, ya know.

No comments: