Thursday, April 24, 2008

Welcome home

Today was set to the side to try to nail down a house and cars. We did both. We've got a house now in Okinawa City which, though lacking the full charm of the previous hopeful home, is convenient to just about everything. Theres a park on the back side of the block which has a three story slide from which Jax and I could conceivably launch the kids on top... go to a nice dinner... and return in time to catch them at the bottom of the slide.



As for vehicles, We got a minivan for Jax, and a little commuter car for me. Nothing impressive, I'll post pictures when we pick up the cars. We also got a cellphone. The biggest difference between the cell we got and the phones back in the states is that this one has video calls where you watch the person with whom you are speaking. Neat I guess. I haven't used it. The one I want has EVERYTHING bluetooth, 5.2 Megapixel autofocus camera with flash, GPS, built in language translator... I mean EVERYTHING... but it costs $500. Oh well. I've got better things to waste money on.

That's about all for now. We'll keep you up to date as we go along.

2 comments:

Josee said...

I see a dishwasher in the kitchen. Does that mean your smiling dishwashers are unemployed??

Anonymous said...

That was the first thing I noticed too, Josee. Great news...now this one is a definite, right? Looks big, and clean, and in a good location. All sounds good! Aunt Beth