Sunday, October 19, 2008

Whoops

You know, as a kid you don't really have the concept of the ramifications, impact, consequences, whatever, that may come from what you say and do.

I'd like to share with you one of those times it happened to me, and present my sincerest apologies for it.

When I was a kid growing up, sure, times got a bit tight. I'm sure my mom stressed out at least a little about how to make ends meet around the house.

I used to tell her... I used to REPEATEDLY tell her, "Hey mom, wouldn't it be cool if the entire money system were turned upside down and those with a lot of money were considered poor and those with nothing were considered rich? What if when you bought something, they had to give you money, but you wouldn't want it because it would mean you'd be getting poorer."

I mean I used to tell her that a LOT. It started out as a way to make her feel better when I could tell we were a little hard up for cash, but it later became just another running gag.

What can I say... I never thought I'd turn my mom into a Democrat.

Oh, and to Senator Obama, I want some royalties for that whole "spreading around the wealth" thing... even if it was just a joke.

And to my dear mother, I still love ya even though I may not always agree with you politically.

No comments: