Friday, March 13, 2009

Reading...(sorta)

I've been through the whole debate of audiobooks vs paper books. I simply don't have the sit-down time to devote to the paper so I listen in the car on my way to and from work, while walking the dog, going to bed, playing racquetball... whatever. Unabridged counts in my book (pardon the pun).

Anyway, I re-read Anthem (paper book), listened to Fountainhead, and have now listened to Atlas Shrugged four times. I don't know why I never gave these books their due time before, but I'm glad I have now.

So where to now...

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley I thought I'd get the radio drama version, but again I decided I'd go with the unabridged.

I was never a reader growing up. I'm so very proud my children are not following in those footsteps. They live for reading time and we make sure to provide them with it every day.

I understand this post is neither here nor there... I'm being rather choppy and sporadic, but I just thought I'd let you know what I'm reading.

1 comment:

Just John said...

I don't think I could get into the audio book format. I've kibitzed a bit with my wife, and didn't care for it.

I guess I just can't let loose of those paper pages.